Do you want to feel a sense of community? Build bridges between cultures? Come join a diverse group of women from Bellevue who meet regularly to share tea and conversation and make connections in the greater Eastside community.
The Cultural Conversations Program was launched in 2010 as a partnership between diverse women in the community and the City of Bellevue. It was initiated by women who had a desire to get better connected with their community and who wanted to enhance their knowledge and understanding of different cultural practices and world views.
Monthly gatherings include women from all around the world. The events are free, refreshments are served and women of all ages, faiths and cultures are welcome to attend. Meetings are held on Tuesdays 1-2:30 p.m., at Crossroads Community Center, 16000 NE 10th St., Bellevue unless otherwise noted. Pre-arranged child care is recommended.
2016-2017 Meeting Dates:
2016: Sep 20, Nov 1, Dec 6
2017: Feb 1 Becoming & Belonging Video, Mar 14, Apr 25, Jun 6
Topic Categories of the 2015-2016 Season:
- Cultural Journeying: from Connection to Expansion
- What do you Really Want to Know? Engaging Others in a Diverse Community
- Winter – A Time for Cultural Storytelling
- Feeling at Home
- A Hug from Afar”, a Sephardic Jewish family journey, Rhodes to Seattle
- Does familiarity help us to reach out? Does fear close doors?
- Adapting in Turbulent Times – Filipino Family and Bellevue’s Early Farming Community
For more information about the program or to join our email list, please contact Carol Ross CRoss@bellevuewa.gov 425-452-7917 or Barb Tuininga BTuininga@bellevuewa.gov 425-452-2800
Cultural Conversations flyer