Eastside Energy Corps
The City of Bellevue is recruiting students to join the Eastside Energy Corps (EEC) - a new organization founded for the purpose of Bellevue's participation in the Georgetown University Energy Prize. The EEC will engage high school students in lifelong learning exercises associated with the energy efficiency industry while increasing the uptake of energy efficiency behaviors throughout Bellevue's residential homes and neighborhoods.
EEC members will be the brains and voice behind Bellevue's campaign -- encouraging participation at the household and school level by developing outreach materials, reward structures, education pieces and other creative approaches to completing the task at hand. EEC participation may help students fulfill community service commitments, leadership opportunities and senior projects.
The EEC will help Bellevue achieve its goal of winning the Georgetown University Energy Prize - a $5 million prize to the small or medium-sized U.S. city that can save the most residential and municipal energy over a two-year period. The City of Bellevue has created the 5 Million Ways to Save Campaign to help guide Bellevue to achieving its goals.
As involved students, YOU are fundamental to this community engagement message.
Let us know you're interested and help us get to know you by registering.
- Solve energy efficiency problems in the community
- Build on-the-job experience working with professionals and fellow students;
- Acquire knowledge in the field of energy and electricity; and
- Receive service hours or credit for senior projects.
As an EEC volunteer you will have the opportunity to work on:
- Marketing, outreach and communications, including: interactive worksheets, campaign materials, social media and guerilla marketing;
- Public speaking and education, for outreach at festivals, fairs and door-to-door; and
- Event planning for high school competitions, community activities and neighborhood conversations.
We are currently recruiting for the EEC Board! These are the roles available:
- Community Outreach Coordinator
- Social Media Manager
- Vice President
- Lead Strategist
- Technical Expert
Be part of something big, helping your community commit to new energy efficient behaviors, ultimately improving neighborhood livability and vitality.
For more information contact Paul Andersson at Pandersson@bellevuewa.gov